Thursday, 26 May 2016

Downsizing to a Mini Bag


I'm constantly chucking a ton of stuff I don't need into my bag and I end up forgetting what I do need and ending up with a ton of stuff I don't. It's really not my fault I pack so much stuff I mean, I'm only just trying to fill up my bag. I realized this about two weeks ago when I was stranded at Ikeja under bridge without a wallet, a ton of unnecessary stuff and only twenty Naira in hand. If not for Uber, I can't imagine what would have happened. After my wonderful under bridge experience, I wised up and decided to stop then I realised that i needed a smaller bag. So, with my laptop in one hand and my phone in the other I decided to get a mini bag with part of the birthday money I received from some individuals that cannot be named. Mum, grandma I see you. 



After scouring the internet for days and I mean days, I found a pair that I felt were worth it cause honey, lemme tell you now, mini bags are overpriced to be honest. I found this pair on Konga and I just knew, it was the one mainly for one reason, it was in my price range (yes, I'm a cheapskate when it comes to clothing, I only like to spend on food) I digress. Back to the topic at hand, After getting the bag, I realized that even my purse, wont fit in the bag so, I had to go rummaging through my secondary school stuff to find a small wallet my dad gave me, after almost loosing my mind, I found it and dropped my giant purse full of a lot of loose for a teeny-tiny one with stuff I need I've since be forced to carry necessities and nothing more. I'm definitley more organised and I haven't been forgetting important stuff then. The only con is I can't carry my bigger novels with me, but I'll survive.


In no particular order, the essentials in my bag at the moment are: 
My phone
Power-bank
Wallet
Glasses (aren't really an essential in my bag since they're on my face like 95% of the time)
Hand Sanitizer
Handkerchief
Lip Balm
Body Mist
Nude Lipstick
Hand Cream
USB Chord
Headphones

What are some of your day-to-day must haves?

Thanks for Reading xx

3 comments

  1. Phone
    wallet
    my other phone..lol
    laptop sometimes
    headphones
    i think thats all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alexis. I just finished reading 95% of your post only because my data is limited so had to rush up to comment before it got exhausted but am looking forward to digesting the remaining 5% once I subscribe cos I've found your posts rather refreshing. ☺. I related more to this particular post not that am oblivious of the rest but am going through the same thing atm and looking forward to trying your remedy. I hope the smaller bags at my end won't be expensive which I doubt anyway ��. Thanks for being real, it's a beautiful thing and I anticipate your next posts and posts to come. Have a blessed week.
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy. Your comment means a whole lot, really appreciate it. Unfortunately, they aren't as cheap as I thought they would be but you can be sure you'll always find a bargain. Looking forward to having you around next time. Stay beautiful xx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Alexis' Lookbook . Design by FCD.